Red Vines® 2020 Art Drawing Contest
Please read these Official Rules before entering the 2020 Red Vines® Drawing Contest (the “Contest”). There is NO ENTRY FEE and there is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase does not affect your chances of winning. All entries become the property of American Licorice Co. and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Art Drawing Contest. This is a contest for original drawings that show what peace, love & vines looks like to the artist. Winners will be determined from among all eligible entries received based on the criteria set forth herein. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, Guam, and other protected territories and possessions of the U.S. and where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and other protected territories and possessions of the U.S.) who are thirteen (13) years old or older at the time of entry. For those who are under the age of majority in their state or district of residence at the time of entry, the entrant shall be the parent or legal guardian on behalf of a child who is under the age of majority. Entrants who do not meet these eligibility requirements and/or whose entries do not comply with all provisions of these Rules will not be eligible to win a prize. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, of American Licorice Co. (“Sponsor”), its parent, prize suppliers, advertising or promotion agencies, subsidiaries or affiliates, agents or agencies, are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
- Agreement to Official Rules. In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Please read these Rules prior to entry. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins on 04/12/2020 at 12:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 06/15/2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change. Sponsor’s computer time-clock shall be the official timekeeper for all Contest purposes. Evidence of submitting an entry does not constitute evidence that Sponsor received the entry.
- How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, visit redvines.com during the Contest Period and follow the instructions to print the Official Entry Form. Sponsor invites licorice lovers and aspiring artists to submit original artwork illustrating what peace, love & vines look like to them.
Scan or take a photograph of the completed Entry Form and go to draw.redvines.com and follow the instructions to upload the Entry Form and your drawing (the “Drawing Submission”). The Drawing Submission must conform to the Drawing Submission Requirements below. The Entry Form and the Drawing Submission are, collectively, the “Entry.”
Drawing Submission Requirements:
- Drawing Submission should show what peace, love & vines looks like to the artist.
- The Drawing Submission must fit into the 9” x 3” rectangular space on the Official Entry Form and can be vertical or horizontal in orientation.
- Drawing Submission must be in a single-color medium (i.e. pencil, charcoal, paint or other); gradients permitted.
- Drawing Submission must feature the Red Vines® logo, viewable at redvines.com.
- Drawing Submission must feature Red Vines® packaging AND/OR Red Vines® candy product.
- Drawing Submission must conform to all requirements of Sections 6 and 7 herein.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entries deemed inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. Multiple entries received from the same person will be void. No single Entry with a drawing by two (2) or more persons is permitted and all Entries submitted in such manner are void. For the purposes of the Contest, the parent or guardian is the “entrant” for children under the age of majority at the time of Entry
- Original and Lawful Artwork. All Entries must be the entrant’s original, unpublished, and previously unproduced work. By submitting an Entry, you (and your parents or legal guardians, if you are a minor) represent and warrant that your drawing is wholly your original artwork and does not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or that would require the consent or permission of any third party and your story does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or other intellectual property right of any third party whether living or deceased (excluding the authorized use of Sponsor’s Red Vines trademark and trade dress in your artwork for this Contest only). Entries may not have been previously published, and may not have won previous awards. Entries may not contain any content, material or element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, representation of characters indicating a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Entry may not be inappropriate, obscene or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Additionally, entry may not depict any activity that is in violation of any law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including its determination in its sole discretion that an Entry fails to satisfy any of the above requirements.
- Selection of Winners. Potential winners will be determined from among all eligible Entries received for each of the following two (2) age groups:
Group 1: Ages Thirteen to Eighteen (13-18), and
Group 2: Ages Nineteen (19) and over.
All eligible Drawing Submissions received for each age group will be judged by a panel of qualified judges on the below listed criteria (the “Judging Criteria”) and awarded merit points within the ranges stated for each criteria (“0” points representing no merit and the maximum number of possible points representing the highest merit).
- Creativity: 0 — 400
- Aptness to Red Vines® brand candy: 0 — 400
- Interest: 0 — 200
- The Drawing Submission in each age group receiving the highest number of the total possible points will qualify the entrant to receive a First Prize for that age group.
- The Drawing Submission in each age group receiving the second highest number of the total possible points will qualify the entrant to receive a Second Prize for that age group.
- The Drawing Submissions in each age group receiving the third highest number of the total possible points will qualify the entrant to receive a Third Prize for that age group.
- Sponsor will choose additional Drawing Submissions that it will designated as Honorable Mentions.
There will be no ties for points awarded in any age group. If two or more Drawing Submissions in any age group are awarded an equal number of merit points and the total number of points awarded are amongst the highest Drawing Submissions eligible to receive a prize, the Drawing Submissions receiving the equal award of points will be re-judged by Sponsor relative to each other based upon the Judging Criteria until there are no longer two or more Drawing Submissions receiving an equal award of points. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes for any age group if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries for that age group.
- Prizes. Prizes will be awarded based on total points in each age group.
- First Prize: (one (1) per age group): A First Prize consists of the following: (a) a Visa® gift card in the amount of $1250, (b) a donation of $1250 in the winner’s honor to either St Jude Children’s Research hospital, American cancer society, Disabled American veterans, World Wildlife fund, or Habitat for humanity and (c) a Red Vines Prize Pack consisting of: a Peace, Love & Vines baseball t-shirt, a Peace, Love & Vines tote bag, a Peace, Love & Vines lapel pin, and a Red Vines phone charger. (ARV: $50 each);
- Second Prize: (one (1) per age group): A Second Prize consists of the following: (a) a Visa® gift card in the amount of $200 and (b) a Red Vines Prize Pack consisting of: a Peace, Love & Vines baseball t-shirt, a Peace, Love & Vines tote bag, a Peace, Love & Vines lapel pin, and a Red Vines phone charger. (ARV: $50 each);
- Third Prize: (one (1) per age group): A Third Prize consists of the following: (a) a Visa® gift card in the amount of $100 and (b) a Red Vines Prize Pack consisting of: a Peace, Love & Vines baseball t-shirt, a Peace, Love & Vines tote bag, a Peace, Love & Vines lapel pin, and a Red Vines phone charger. (ARV: $50 each);
- Notification of Winners/Acceptance of Prizes. Potential winners (and, if minors, their parents and legal guardians) may be notified via telephone, email, mail or in person (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) on or about July 14, 2020. In addition, on or about July 15, 2020, all potential winners’ first name, last name initial, address (city and state) and prize information will be posted on Sponsor’s web site at draw.redvines.com. All winners of a Prize (if any winner is a minor, then the minor’s parent or guardian) must complete, sign and return to Sponsor a Prize Notification and Acceptance, Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver within five (5) days of the date of written notification to accept the prize. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. Winners who were Honorable Mentions will also be asked to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver within five (5) days of the date of written notification. Red Vines Prize Packs will be shipped to the address on the winner’s entry via mail within 6 to 8 weeks following publication of the winners on Sponsor’s website.
- Forfeiture of Prize. Noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize winner cannot be reached at the contact information provided on the winner’s entry, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed, refused or undeliverable for any reason, that prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award a forfeited prize to a runner up in the age group at issue. No winner shall be eligible to win more than one (1) prize.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU (AND, IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS) ACCEPT ALL RISK AND CONSEQUENCES OF ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, RETAILERS AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES, INCLUDING THE REGAN GROUP, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL CONSEQUENCES, LIABILITY, LOSSES, DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR INCREASED DAMAGES AND THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY) AND COSTS AND EXPENSES, OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT LIMITED TO YOUR ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, THE ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE (OR MISUSE) OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY DELAY, INTERRUPTION, EARLY TERMINATION OR FORFEITURE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OF ANY PRIZE.
- INDEMNIFICATION. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU (AND, IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS) AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES, COSTS AND LITIGATION EXPENSES) INCURRED BY SPONSOR AND ANY OTHER INDEMNIFIED PARTY ARISING OUT OF ANY CAUSE OR ACTION RELATED TO THE ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, THE ACCEPTANCE AND USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL/ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO), AND/OR THE REPRODUCTION, USE, PUBLICATION, DISPLAY, DISTRIBUTION OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF THE CONTENT (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) OF ANY ENTRY (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) SUBMITTED BY YOU TO SPONSOR.
- Use of Entrant’s Information. By entry into this Contest, each entrant (and, if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian, to the extent permitted by law) grants Sponsor and its designers the right to use the entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, address (city and state) and/or prize information, without limitation, in connection with the reproduction, publication and display of Entry Materials on Sponsor’s product packaging, containers, displays, website, printed or electronic media, advertising and promotional materials or in any other manner or media now or hereafter devised, and the winners list throughout the world in perpetuity, without further permission or additional compensation of any kind to entrant, even if the entrant is not awarded any prize. Except as required by law, nothing herein shall require or obligate Sponsor to use or disclose any entrant’s Entry Materials or name, photograph, likeness, etc., for any reason.
- General Conditions. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, stolen, altered, garbled, incorrect, incomplete, postage-due or delayed entries or drawings, all of which will be void. Released Parties are also not responsible for problems downloading any Contest-related information or materials from the website or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an individual’s ability to participate in this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Mass entries will be disqualified.
- Miscellaneous. Entrants (and, if minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and/or judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest at any time, in its sole discretion, including if viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or other causes affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, and , if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of cancellation using the judging procedure outlined above. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and void all associated entries if entrant’s eligibility is in question or if entrant is tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, Sponsor or any of its representatives, or is otherwise in violation of these Rules. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operations of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other such remedies from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law and to disqualify such entrant from the Contest.
- Governing Law / Jurisdiction. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California without application of conflict of law principles. By entering and participating in this Contest, you (your parent or legal guardian, if you are a minor) agree that any and all disputes arising from or related to this Contest shall be resolved between you (your parent or legal guardian, if you are a minor) and Sponsor, individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any and all legal actions shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction residing in San Mateo County, California.
- Sponsor. American Licorice Co., 1914 Happiness Way, La Porte, IN 46350.
- Winners List/Official Rules. For a list of winners, visit draw.redvines.com after 07/15/2020, or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Attn: Winners List, 2020 Red Vines Drawing Contest, American Licorice Co., 1914 Happiness Way, La Porte, IN 46350. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.redvines.com/drawingcontest.htm or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Attn: Official Rules, 2020 Red Vines Drawing Contest, American Licorice Co., 1914 Happiness Way, La Porte, IN 46350. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
Total ARV of all prizes is $5,900.
Winners may not transfer prizes or redeem non-cash prizes for cash. No substitutions will be permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, as deemed necessary and appropriate by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsors sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, surcharges, and any other costs or expenses associated with accepting and using a prize are the sole responsibility of each prizewinner (or the prizewinner’s parent or legal guardian, if the winner is a minor).
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU (AND, IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS) FURTHER AGREE THAT RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES, OF ANY KIND, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF GOVERNMENT, ACTS OF TERROR, ACTS OF WAR, CIVIL UNREST, LABOR SHORTAGES AND/OR STRIKES, EVEN IF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE OTHER PARTIES WERE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH EVENTS OCCURRING.